Being yourself

Know the importance of you. You bring infinite gifts to the world and you are important and special. Without your unique talents and abilities, the world would not be the same. The world exists around you as you make it so. Think about this carefully. You make your own world and fill it in ways you see fit. Love yourself for qualities you possess and gifts you have to offer or share. They may be spiritual gifts, a word here or there, a nod or a silent agreement that all is good with the world. Being at peace with yourself starts with your own thought process.

Visualize it as so and it will be. The power of your healing mind and thoughts turn into action throughout the world around you. Don't just take my word for it though.

To see the simplicity of your own powerful healing mind, try it by visualizing it. By incorporating daily visualizations into your own routine, you will see your life transform.

The following is one visualization to try. It is best if someone can read it aloud to you slowly as you sit or lay peacefully, focusing on the rhythm of your own breathing:

I am lying down on a deserted beach. It is beautiful outside and there is a slight breeze coming off the waves of the ocean. I hear the ocean waves pounding the sand and the sounds of sea gulls calling each other as they dip down toward the ocean and soar high in the air. I let myself release tension with each wave that comes in from the sea and onto the sand.

I feel the tension release from my fingetips as I slowly trace lines in the sand with them. I am listening to the sea and smelling the sweet, salty air. I am releasing all sights, sounds and smells that are negative. I am only hearing the ocean. I can only smell the ocean. I can only sea the ocean. I feel it surrounding me like a peaceful blanket.

I let go of the stress from my facial muscles and neck as the ocean breeze crosses my face. I feel all of the stress melting away. As it leaves, I feel my shoulders and arms relax. The smell of the ocean brings back positive memories for me as a I unwind and settle into the peace it brings me. My chest and abdomen relax as I hear the pounding surf. I release the tension in my low back and abdomen and down my legs. I am slowly coming to peace with the surf and can feel all of my feelings ride the tide as I listen to the waves.

Whatever I am feeling, happy, sad, good or bad, I am allowing myself to feel and for those feelings I want to touch, they can ride a wave in from the ocean. If I want to keep a certain feeling at bay for a while, I will leave it out there to ride waves while I take in the peacefulness of the ocean. When I feel able, I will allow those feeling in or keep them at bay for a later time.

With each wave, I feel peaceful and able to release the negativity. I can get lost in the abyss of the cool, pleasant ocean.

When you feel able, slowly bring yourself back from the ocean with three deep cleansing breaths. Inhale in the positivity you have been searching for through your nose and exhale the negativity through your mouth. Repeat this sequence twice. As you feel balanced, flick any remaining negative feelings from your fingertips and slowly open your eyes to embrace your day.

No comments: